I can’t remember where I got these C.G. Jung quotations from – someone’s collection, maybe from facebook:
6. We are living in what the Greeks called the right time for a “metamorphosis of the gods,” i.e. of the fundamental principles and symbols. This peculiarity of our time, which is certainly not of our conscious choosing, is the expression of the unconscious man within us who is changing. Coming generations will have to take account of this momentous transformation if humanity is not to destroy itself through the might of its own technology and science.
16. The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.
17. No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell.
18. Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakens.
19. When an inner situation is not made conscious, it appears outside as fate.
20. A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has never overcome them.
21. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own souls. They will practice Indian yoga and all its exercises, observe a strict regimen of diet, learn the literature of the whole world – all because they cannot get on with themselves and have not the slightest faith that anything useful could ever come out of their own souls. Thus the soul has gradually been turned into a Nazareth from which nothing good can come.
24. Sometimes, indeed, there is such a discrepancy between the genius and his human qualities that one has to ask oneself whether a little less talent might not have been better.
25. Emotion is the chief source of all becoming-conscious. There can be no transforming of darkness into light and of apathy into movement without emotion.
29. Seldom, or perhaps never, does a marriage develop into an individual relationship smoothly and without crises; there is no coming to consciousness without pain.